RIS/PACS Specialist Radiographer
The RIS/PACS Specialist Radiographer for Global Diagnostics Ireland is a vital role in our team which encompasses both internal support for clinical processes but also client facing responsibilities through all of the sites where our RIS is deployed.
The position will assume leadership responsibilities for the RIS PACS applications and supporting infrastructure within our Irish team. The position is adaptable based on project and client requirements and will involve an amount of out of hours application support.
As part of the operations team of Global Diagnostics, this person will work to drive innovation, improve experience of our clinicians using our systems and optimise the efficiency of our services across Ireland.
Patient Journey & Client Experience
- Assist in the design, implementation and documentation of workflows - always looking to enhance the service for patients
- Collaborate with technical and clinical teams of all levels by participating in project and client meetings where required, and assuming and closing out on designated project and client tasks.
- Deliver innovation in our services by maximising the client / referrer facing functionality of our RIS and PACS software.
- Attend and participate in client meetings.
- Attend seminars and training sessions necessary to maintain appropriate level of professional competence and in particular vendor User days to maximise best use of products
Clinical Safety and Operations
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of all radiology workstations and all associated application requirements (including voice recognition) of our Global Diagnostics radiology team across Ireland
- Responsible for managing the distribution, storage and the display of diagnostic images within the diagnostic imaging clinics and throughout the wide area network including network transmission, RIS validation, and exceptions handling.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto-routing, prefetching and other related activities
- Act as a key liaison for clinicians in the front line delivery of service
- Radiologists – act as key applications liaison for all Radiologists
- Radiographers – act as one line of support for radiographers and work with RSM to improve capability of team
- Maintain an IT applications presence across all Global centres and teams across the Irish services on a regular basis, through site meetings, email, Skype and phone calls.
- Works closely with the RSM’s and GM in the development of operating standards, policies, and procedures
- Support the wider Global UK and Ireland RIS PACS support group including where necessary spending time on the ground in the UK
- Continue to identify how the RIS PACS can be better supported throughout our team which may involve cross training off other team members
Business Development – Tender Support / New Business Pipeline
- Act as RIS/PACS and applications subjects matter expert for tender submissions, including providing required documentation and workflows as required
Day to day activities will include:
- Liaising with Radiologists and Radiographers
- Superuser training
- Radiologist induction and training in RIS PACS and VR
- User set up and site permissions for RIS & PACS
- Radiology Workstation Set up
- Software configuration – Voice Recognition (Radiologist)
- Workflow review
- New Contract Set- Up – Appointment Pad & Template Set-up
- Interface set up
- Vendor Management
- On-call Roster – 1 week per month
- PACS Monitoring
- Image correction
Some travel to the UK may be required
If you would like to discuss the opportunities we have, via email us at firstname.lastname@example.org